We issue permits for a variety of activities in municipal parks & in public ways. Permits are issued from mid-April until mid-October depending on weather conditions.
2022 SEASON INFORMATION
Municipal parks will open for the season on Friday, April 15, 2022. Applications for use of athletic fields and outdoor courts are now being accepted by groups of ten (10) or more persons for one-time or recurrent use. Highland Park Soccer Field will undergo repairs to the turf and therefore will open to the public around mid-May.
There is a high demand by organized leagues to play soccer on Highland Park Field. There are also requests by the general public to use the field during the week. Thus, field time assignments for leagues and the public will be distributed as equitably as possible.
A few reminders:
1. Carefully read the City of Chelsea Athletic Field Use Policy Guide.
2. An athletic permit may only be used by the group that applied once the permit is approved. Subleasing a field is prohibited and may result in revocation of a permit as well as suspension of the group for future consideration.
3. League membership must be comprised of 51% Chelsea residents for youth activities and 80% for adult activities.
Two Ways to Apply for an Athletic Field Permit:
1. Send the enclosed form to Chelsea Recreation, 500 Broadway, Room 100, Chelsea, MA 02150
2. Complete an online application here.
At the completion of the review process, the applicant is notified and if approved, a permit is issued once proof of insurance is submitted. Additional applications may be obtained at the Main Lobby of Chelsea City Hall. If you have any questions about the permit process, do not hesitate to contact us at 617.466.5114 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to another successful season in 2022!