Important Parks Changes Due to the COVID-19
(announced July 2, 2020)
PERMITS for park events and group sports are suspended due to the COVID 19 outbreak until further notice. Please check back with us, as guidelines change, updates will be provided.
All Parks are OPEN for Individual Activities Use ONLY
- PERMISSIBLE Individual Activities include: cycling, running, walking, skateboarding
- Activities SUSPENDED are: Team Sports (baseball, basketball, football, soccer, tennis); Group games; Loitering
The Following Safety Guidelines Remain in Effect:
- Social Distancing: Maintain 6ft or more from other parks users and do not congregate in groups.
- Masks: All residents are required to wear masks or other face coverings.
- Wash Hands: Remember to wash & sanitize your hands before and after playground use.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: the City of Chelsea does NOT sanitize playground & park equipment
Stay safe! Take care of yourself and those around you.
We issue permits for a variety of activities in municipal parks & in public ways. ONLINE applications & paper applications are accepted. Permits are required for groups of 10 or more individuals who wish to use:
- ATHLETIC FIELD (including courts) for sports practices, games, and tournaments
- SPECIAL EVENT such as a: festival, charity walk, parade, or concert